“It’s been a while” is a bit of an understatement here. It’s a Tuesday, I am home, it’s 5:30 PM and I am having a cup of coffee. Life is pretty good! I know that it has been some time since the last time I posted and I don’t even know who actually reads this thing but I realized that I missed knowing that there was a little piece of me that was out on the interwebs and that thought is what encouraged this post and probably any (if any) additional posts hereafter.
It’s the 4th of July and I feel like I should be doing something super patriotic like BBQ’ing or drinking beer or something but I honestly feel like my whole Netflix and chill kind of day is just as patriotic as I acknowledge that I only have this privilege because of the women and men who protect our freedoms. As I peruse Social Media, it’s always interesting to me how people choose to portray how they choose to remember/celebrate the 4th of July. The underlying theme is always people coming together and celebrating life and freedom! The overall picture is a beautiful thing.
So I saw this post on Pinterest about blog post ideas and figured I would give it a shot so here we go. Here are 10 things that you don’t probably know about me
- I hardly like admitting this to myself but I do have a bit of OCD. There is a certain kind of structure that I like when things are lined up and cleaned. Don’t get me wrong, I am not a clean freak. Do I like it when things are clean and organized? Of course! Who doesn’t? Do I take it a bit far and make sure that things are lined up? Sometimes….
- I love books. I love the feeling of diving into a new book and getting ready for the adventure I am about to embark on. I love the feeling when I know that I am hooked and that I just want more!!
- I literally have brain farts. Middle of doing something and completely forget what I am doing.
- At least twice a week, I get a thought in my head that basically goes like this:
“When I grow up, I want to….”
I am 30 years old..
5. I am dying for a normal day at work that doesn’t consist of me being there for 10 hours. At the same time, I am genuinely afraid that I am going to feel like I have nothing to do and get bored
6. I have come to place in my life where eliminating things and/or people are easier to eliminate from my life. It sounds horrible, I know. My time has become very important to me and I no longer have the luxury of just wasting it on people that abuse my time.
7. I am a “mom” to a dog and a cat. More like a kitten and a puppy. My life is basically a disaster full of destroyed toys and having to hide things in all kinds of places so they don’t get mutilated by our pets. Luckily they are cute. Pictures to come so you can FULLY understand why the struggle is real.
8. One thing that super annoys me about myself is that I have become very dependent on the idea that there’s always tomorrow. I can start eating healthy tomorrow. I can start being more active tomorrow. I can do laundry tomorrow. And I always put things off to tomorrow because I just love being lazy just a little too much
9. I love Pinterest because it makes me feel like anything is possible. Weird. I know. But it’s the whole repining ideas and formulating in my mind what I want certain things to look like or intrigued by some dish I want to make as if I am some kind of Stepford Wife that will be home on time to put the roast in the oven. Nice in theory. Harder to execute.
10. I miss math class. I miss the frustration of pushing my mind to figure something out. The funny thing is that I am not even that good at math.
And that’s all folks.
Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure 🙂